Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jesus Freak

Michelle got me thinking the other day when she was telling me a story about her cousin who's in high school. The details aren't important but she was giving him advice about being a Christian and suggested he listen to good Christian music instead of the boring praise/worship stuff they play on the Christian radio. I think the way she described it was "crappy teenage love songs for Jesus." So she told him to listen to the bands we used to listen to in high school: DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Third Day, and Newsboys. So when I dug out DC Talk's Jesus Freak album for a little nostalgic remembrance, I re-discovered this quote that plays at the beginning of one of my favorite songs:

The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. This is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Just food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment